A cookie is a small text file saved locally in your browser's memory on your computer, smartphone, tablet, smartwatch, etc. for a variable period of time (from a few hours to a few years) depending on the cookies' purpose.
Session cookies, which are automatically deleted when you close your browser, can also be used, as well as permanent cookies, which are deleted at the end of a specific period of time.
Cookies allow you to register preference data and technical data for a set period of time. These simplify browsing and make the site easier to use and more efficient.
We identify and define cookies based on their common uses, in the following general categories:
A) Based on the subject installing them on the user's device:
First-party cookies when they are installed by the website visited by the user;
Third-party cookies when they are installed by a party other than the manager of the site visited by the user In these cases, the cookies can also be read by subjects other than those managing the websites visited by the user.
B) Based on the purpose of each cookie:
Technical cookies: These generally allow the website installing them to speed up website browsing and use, since they save the user's browsing preferences. This simplifies online purchase procedures and authentication for access to reserved areas, or the automatic selection of the user's preferred language.
Analytics cookies: These are either first- or third-party cookies that collect data in aggregate form, on the number of visitors and how they visit the site. They are used to compile statistics on the service and its use.
Profile cookies: These allow the site installing them to monitor user browsing on the site, studying movements and web habits (what the user buys, reads, etc.) so that advertisements and/or offer online services based on the preferences (so-called Behavior Advertising) can be sent.
When you visit playwood.it, the site installs technical, analytics and profile cookies on your device. Third-party cookies are also installed.
As the data controller, Playwood S.r.l. is responsible for the data collected by the cookies and for obtaining and managing user consent where required, only for first-party cookies as defined above.
For third-party cookies installed via playwood.it, Playwood S.r.l. is required only to provide links to the privacy information and consent forms (if available) provided by the third parties. Please keep in mind that Playwood S.r.l. does not define the purposes of the third-party cookies, the logic behind their processing or the management of user preferences for cookies. This is done by the third party providing them, because it is the provider and controller of this data, as indicated in the table below.
1. COOKIES INSTALLED BY PLAYWOOD.IT
Browser technical cookies These are necessary for the site to function correctly, because they allow for browsing the pages, content sharing, saving of access credentials for faster access to the site and to maintain preferences and credentials during browsing. Without these cookies, playwood.it would be unable to provide the services offered on the site. This is why these cookies do not require user consent.
2. HOW TO CONSENT TO PROFILE COOKIES
2.1 When visiting playwood.it for the first time the user may accept all cookies in one of the following ways:
- - Clicking on "Close" on the session banner
- - Accepting them in another area of the site or clicking on any element in the page (image or link) outside the banner.
2.2 When visiting playwood.it for the first time, if the user does not do any of the actions described in the banner the user may:
- - Deny consent to Playwood S.r.l. to install profile cookies
- - Deny consent to the third party to install profile cookies
- - Scrolling the page, i.e. continue browsing the web page
2.3 When visiting playwood.it subsequent times (provided the user has previously expressed his/her cookie usage preferences), the user may access the extended information in the footer of playwood.it.
2.4 It is important to remember that the user may always change his/her browser settings to delete all cookies installed on his/her device and not accept any new ones.
Every browser version and operating system used follows a different procedure. For more information on how to manage cookies in different browsers, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
For example, below is a non-exhaustive list of some of the most commonly used browsers:
For behavioral advertising cookies, the user may also change settings www.youronlinechoices.com (for member companies using behavioral advertising cookies).
3. THIRD-PARTY PROFILE COOKIES
3.1 Analytics cookies
These cookies collect data on how visitors use the site so that the third party can assess and improve its functioning, and create content that best meets users' information needs. For example, they let the third party know which pages are visited most/least based on the number of visitors, average time spent on the site and how visitors arrived on the site. In this way, the party can know whether the pages load quickly and if they are displayed correctly. The data collected by these cookies are anonymous and not linked to the user's personal data. Third-party services are used for these functions. They provide the data in anonymous form so they cannot be linked to any individual (so-called "single-in"). Where services that are not completely anonymous are used, the cookies are listed among third-party cookies so that users can deny consent, thereby protecting their privacy.
Playwood.it uses Google Analytics to collect site usage data.
Provider & Privacy information and consent form
3.2 Advertising and retargeting profile cookies
We use third-party suppliers to publish advertising based on users' interests as expressed by the internet browsing of subjects having previously visited playwood.it. These cookies collect demographic data and/or data on the pages visited, products viewed, and purchases made following the advertising campaigns. For example, these are used to:
- Determine how many users purchased products after clicking on advertisements;
- Display advertisements, including on other sites, that match users' demographic profiles or based on their specific interests
- Display advertisements on other sites about the products viewed on the site
- Avoid re-presenting advertisements that users have already seen
The following are the advertising and re targeting profile cookies used:
- Google Adwords: link & link
- Google Doubleclick: link & link
- Facebook: link & link
- Twitter: link
- Instagram: link
- Mailchamp: link
- luckyorange: link
- Zendesk: link
4. SOCIAL NETWORK COOKIES
These services allow interaction with social networks or other external platforms, directly from playwood.it. The interactions and data collected by playwood.it are subject to users' privacy settings for each individual social network. If an interaction service with social networks is installed, this service may collect traffic data for the pages on which it is installed, even if the user does not use the service.
Provider - Purpose - Privacy information and consent form
- The "Share" button and Facebook's social widgets are interaction services with Facebook provided by Facebook Inc
- Link You can use your browser settings to select options for these cookies, or you may also go to www.youronlinechoices.com
- Twitter's "tweet" button and social widgets are interaction services with twitter.com (managed by Twitter, Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA). When you click on the button with the Twitter logo, your browser creates a direct link with Twitter's servers.
- LInk To deactivate the cookie, go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- Pinterest's "Pin it" button and social widgets are interaction services with Pinterest.
- Link You can use your browser settings to select options for these cookies
5. INFORMATION PROVIDED BY PLAYWOOD S.R.L. PURSUANT TO ARTICLE 13 OF THE PRIVACY CODE
Playwood S.r.l., with registered office at Via Al Lavatoio 1, 23887 Olgiate Molgora (LC), Italy, is the data controller of data collected by the first-party cookies installed by playwood.it, and hereby states:
- - The data are collected only for the purposes mentioned above, and are processed electronically
- - The data collected by first-party cookies may be shared with subjects operating on behalf of Playwood S.r.l. as data supervisor or processor, for purposes related to those described above
While Playwood S.r.l. considers the user to have validly given his/her consent to the installation of cookies, including third-party cookies, Playwood S.r.l. undertakes to provide support to any user requesting it at firstname.lastname@example.org on how to selectively grant or deny consent or to delete cookies on their browser.
This policy is effective 01/03/2018